Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tacos. Fish Tacos.



Okay, so. There's not much of a recipe here. More.. just showing of the picture in hopes you find it interesting.

I had some frozen salmon I had been doing all sorts of things with. This was probably my favourite. I just made a rub for the salmon, cooked it in my cast iron skillet, cut it into chunks, and put it into two warmed flour totillas. Then I topped it with what I found in my fridge. Which was basically the leftovers from the hamburgers we ate the night before. It was amazing.


Salmon Tacos

1 4-ounce salmon fillet
seasonings or rub of your choice, enough to coat the fillet
oil
toppings of your choice (I used shredded lettuce, slice avocado, caramelised onions, and salsa)
two small flour tortillas, warmed

Rinse and pat dry the salmon. Sprinkle on your seasoning, then cover and set in the fridge for about fifteen minutes or so. (I simply seasoned it, and put it in the fridge while I prepared my toppings and heated my skillet.)

Which brings me to my next point. Preheat a small skillet and lightly coat the bottom with oil. Take the salmon out of the fridge and cook the fillet, about four minutes per side, or until cooked completely through.

Cut the salmon into chunks and divide the chunks evenly amongst the tortillas. (I cut my fillet into eight chunks and gave each tortilla four.) Top with whatever toppings you'd like. I chose left over carmelised onions, lettuce, and avocado, with a little salsa. Oh, my god. Those onions really made it so amazing, paired with the creaminess of the avocado, the cool, clean crisp of the lettuce, and the refreshing salsa. (Fresh local salsa... it's so good; I'm actually willing to pay the four bucks for it, so yeah. It's good.) It really was amazing.


No comments: